THANKSGIVING – What are YOU Grateful for? November 17, 2012 For each new morning with its light, For rest and shelter of the night, For health and food, for love and friends, For everything Thy goodness sends. ~Ralph Waldo EmersonI used wake up with a head ache often. Lying on the bed and staring at the morning sun light tearing through my curtains on the wall, I reluctantly think of my sad life briefly and curse every moment of it. Why do these things happen to me? What did I do wrong to deserve this? Why can’t anyone understand me or just simply reciprocate my honesty and genuine love with theirs? What does it take for people to be nice and honest?…… this bloody job I got to go to this morning… ah! I hate this life, I hate it vehemently and I hate everything about it!He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. ~EpictetusThese were the things I used to think almost every single morning when I was depressed a not so distant past. These feelings and thoughts were often compounded by the drudgery of day to day living with my bitter self and extremely critical and cynical outlook towards life. And I loved it! It soothed my soul with self pity. I could cuddle my thoughts and my love of pain and sleep away in my tears until the next
November 25, 2012
THANKSGIVING – What are YOU Grateful for?
This entry was posted on Sunday, November 25th, 2012 at 1:55 pm and tagged with blog, family, inspiration, life, people, thanksgiving and posted in attitude, guilt, happiness, LIFE. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
One response to “THANKSGIVING – What are YOU Grateful for?”
Search the web:
Recent Popular Posts
- Giving thanks on Thanksgiving
- Your life as a Zen Garden
- Stop being the problem and Start becoming the solution
- Religions and their similarities
- What can a better you do?
- Why being a Non Conformist is AWESOME!
- Lead and shape your destiny this year
- The league of successful “Autodidacts”
- Happy ThanksGiving!
- Remember “Everybody’s Free To Wear Sunscreen” from 1999???
- Are you a “problem solver” or a just another “Whiner”?
- Upgrade – Reboot – Repeat: The process for continuous self progress
- We would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism
- Great ideas have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
- A “Solution Driven” life – to live a life of a problem solver
- Are you a Conformist or do you have the courage to change your world?
- Are you a Thinker/Self Learner OR an Unquestioning Follower?
- Infectious Experiences – How it makes us who we are.
- The “Anger” dilemma
- No problem can stand the assault of sustained thinking
- Forgive & Forget: Healing the Hurts We Don’t Deserve
- It’s choice – not chance – that determines your destiny
- How your thoughts and actions shape your destiny!
- Are you a blind follower? Living a life with a leader’s mindset.
- Creating experiences that inspire