I recently met a person who casually told me that she was in multiple relationships and hence is a bit stressed. I found it a bit strange for someone who I met for the first time said this to me in a formal business setting. Anyway, not wanting to be judgmental and polite I didn’t make any comments or react to it in any particular manner. Honestly, it didn’t concern me much, its her personal life and it was fine with me. But she went on to explain her relationships a bit more to me in an effort to clarify her position and impress upon me that I or anyone for that mater should not judge her based on this casual comment she made.
This is how she explained:
Her father was a highly passionate gardener who specializes in building nihon teien – Japanese Garden for his clients. Although a Zen Garden is mostly a Rock and Sand arrangement, he often combined the elements of a Japanese Garden with the Zen garden philosophies which was very popular with his clients.
But he did take the art and the philosophy of the Japanese/Zen garden to heart and made it the basic philosophy of his life in terms of his relationships and life in general. He raised her and her siblings with a strong belief that one should conduct their lives as a garden where they are their own gardeners. Especially, a garden of Zen, – a garden of tranquility, balance, aesthetics, space and peace. In this garden, you choose the elements that will make your life beautiful and all that you desire by you as a gardener, investing your time, passion, care and commitment. Thus, the Zen Garden of your life will be as follows:
The Japanese/Zen Garden. A pristine place of perfectly manicured trees, plants, clear path ways with perfectly located open space. The basic 4 rules to build such a beautiful place of tranquility and peace are
1) most trees and plants should be taken care of by constantly trimming them in perfect shapes and regularly watering them and nourishing them with the right amount of soil
2) some select trees and plants should be allowed to grow as per it’s natural beauty and shape
3) all paths should be clean without clutter and
4) each zen garden should have a space to sit and meditate.
5) Rocks should be strategically placed to support the garden.
Life. It’s similar to a Zen Garden where you are the gardener. Your relationships are like the trees. Each need to be trimmed and cared for as you want them to grow into your life. You shape them in your garden as opposed to them growing out of your bounds and liking. However, a select few of them can be allowed to grow to its own beauty such as a child or someone whose natural self just beautifies your life.
Always keep your thoughts and mind clear as the pathways and make it a point to provide for your personal space. A place to collect your self and your thoughts, meditate and calm down. In your life, similar to the rocks, there are a few relationships that will support you and hold you down to the ground when you need it most. You can always lean on them and use them for support. Pay a lot of importance to these rocks in your lives.
This will make your life a life of tranquility, beauty, peace and balance. Enjoy your own Zen Garden life!
Ten Realities about Religions and their Similarities….
- If the cultural influences and their respective rituals of every religion were eliminated, all most of the religions will appear to be very similar in nature.
- Every prophet of every religion appears to have preached almost identical sets of beliefs and behaviors. Concepts of peace, love, sin, forgiveness, tolerance, and praying to the creator all seem to be identical.
- After every prophet seemed to have only preached peace and divinity before they died, it appears that the people who took on the immediate leadership of their followers had more influence in how the social conduct, concept of the religion, political structure, and rituals be structured. At times many of these value sets were not necessarily akin to the preaching’s of the prophet but more aligned to the political systems and regional power plays.
- Every religion over the years had its share of power struggle, wars, killings, and destruction carried by…
View original post 237 more words
A better person inspires better people, makes better families who build better societies, who make great countries, who influences a better world.
ONE SOURCE TO A BETTER YOU: http://despicablewonderfulyou.wordpress.com/