Ten Realities about Religions and their Similarities….
Originally posted on TEN REALITIES ABOUT .....:
- If the cultural influences and their respective rituals of every religion were eliminated, all most of the religions will appear to be very similar in nature.
- Every prophet of every religion appears to have preached almost identical sets of beliefs and behaviors. Concepts of peace, love, sin, forgiveness, tolerance, and praying to the creator all seem to be identical.
- After every prophet seemed to have only preached peace and divinity before they died, it appears that the people who took on the immediate leadership of their followers had more influence in how the social conduct, concept of the religion, political structure, and rituals be structured. At times many of these value sets were not necessarily akin to the preaching’s of the prophet but more aligned to the political systems and regional power plays.
- Every religion over the years had its share of power struggle, wars, killings, and destruction carried by…
View original 237 more words
A better person inspires better people, makes better families who build better societies, who make great countries, who influences a better world.
ONE SOURCE TO A BETTER YOU: http://despicablewonderfulyou.wordpress.com/
Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. — Marcel Proust
Perhaps Thank giving is really an excuse to take some time from our lives to think about those people who hold us, understand us, support us, and care about us while we are too busy satisfying those who really do not care about us. Take some time to list the wonderful things that you have in your life for a change. Take the time to count your blessings. And think how your life would be without these people, and things. And when you learn and realize these blessings, GET UP and GO EXPRESS YOUR APPRECIATION AND GRATITUDE! Express your gratitude in action, words and your attitude in life. Honor their love for you by taking care of your life. And this perhaps will being your first step towards living a truly happier and satisfying life.
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. ~William Arthur Ward
A few things you can do to become a more thankful being and appreciate life more.
- Count your blessings, the things you have and the people who are always there for you (in person, morally, emotionally etc)
- Enjoy what you have and do not cry over the things what you don’t. But also work towards getting the things you desire. They will not come to you by being bitter. Work towards it, earn it.
- Exercise your choices in life and choose to be positive and better. Not negative and bitter.
- Be generous and help others. By sharing their problems that you can help diminish will help you appreciate the problems that you do not have. Offer to help others if and when you can.
- Be charitable. Support those who are less fortunate.
- Thank others as much as you can. Express and show your appreciation for the things they do for you. Send a thank you note, give a hug, phone them and let them know you appreciate their presence in your life.
- Practice some self criticism in an effort to self improve always. Learn to look at your life as an opportunity to do something positive as opposed to wasting it away in worries, anger, bitterness and hatred.
- Turn your negativity to positive behaviour and inspire others to do so.
- Earn others respect and love by developing a fine character and behaviour.
- At times, take a break, stop, breadth and soak in the abundance of natural surrounding you are blessed with that you can enjoy.
- Appreciate life, and the good health you have. It will eventually fade away and your end will be very near. Trust me this does happen too fast.
- Make efforts to bring joy and happiness to everyone you touch in your this short life. You live only once and for a very short time. Let people remember you for your good rather than your bad.
- Let go of negativity. You cannot move forward with your foot tied to your past. We all do mistakes and fail, but never crumble and die. We can overcome several challenged and device our own solutions and progress. Make the effort, and a series of small gains will bring about greater accomplishments.
- Learn to forgive others and be accepting and accommodative of the differences amongst people. You are as different as you see others to be. It is the values and similarities that makes the world progress. Thus, enable this process do not be a hindrance.
- Try being an inspirational example to the younger generation. You may seldom realize but often they notice and learn from you often.
Be Grateful to life, your family, friends, and everything that is around you that you often take for granted. Just like your mobile phone, you will be lost and troubled without them. They are your connection to your inner self! They eventually influence and become an integral part of your identity. Be Grateful, Be Thankful.
Happy Thanksgiving! …….with my condolences to the Turkey.